Funeral Planning unltd: Funeral Directors - Caskets - Cremations - Accessories

Burial Plots Assured for Veterans and Their Families

Subscribe to Burial Plots Assured for Veterans and Their Families 1 Post, 1 Person Tags : funeral planning military military funerals veterans funerals estate planning social services government resources

Janetandmolly.jpg Janet McGee ... 6 Posts

In writing my last blog ... which revolves around the "folding of the American Flag" ceremony conducted by military honor guards at the gravisite services for departed veterans, I learned something else important for veterans and their families, compliments of the American Legion. 

Any veteran with anything other than a dishonorable discharge and his or her family members (including spouse and eligible dependents) is entitles to be buried in a national cemetery. 

Other burial benefits available for all eligible veterans, regardless of whether they are buried in a national cemetery or a private cemetery, include a burial flag, a Presidential Memorial Certificate, and a government headstone or marker.

If I knew this, I had forgotten it.  (Try not to dwell on these things like everyone else.) I was gratified to find this out.  Hope it helps someone else as well.

Sign in to reply to this topic

Remember To:

Infinity